Lead Algorithm Software Engineer- Mechatronics
Summary of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Mechatronics Job :
We are looking for a Matlab/Simulink Expert to play a vital role in one of the latest and most advanced automotive technologies on the globe. If you are interested in bleeding edge technology such as: Automated Driving, Stability Control, Electronic Braking, Driverless Cars, Collision avoidance this may be were you should be. Our client is one of the largest developers and manufactures automotive products on the globe. In this position you will be responsible for to lead, support, coordinate and provide technical insights, guidance and development direction to the US and overseas teams. Experience in Aerospace, Stability Control, Collision Avoidance and Integrated Mechanical and Embedded Control Systems is Highly Desirable.
Responsibilities of the Lead Algorithm Software Mechatronics Engineer:
- Developing core systems models in Matlab/Simulink from requirements to generate code
- Work to implement the control strategy with cross functional teams
- Make recommendation to the management team to reshape the development
- Direct offsite team member throughout the full life cycle
- Work with system requirements for to refine software architecture as needed
- Maintain compliance with A-SPICE and ISO26262 to create & review work products as defined for software development
- Assist with use and test cases with traceability to software requirement specifications
- Generate source code and executables to support testing purposes by using Matlab toolboxes such as Simulink, Stateflow, TargetLink, and Polyspace.
- Work with cross functional engineering team to resolve software related issues about the electric brake development.
Qualifications of the Lead Algorithm Software Engineer Mechatronics Job:
- BSEE/BSCE/MSME (Masters preferred) along with 5 years of embedded software development experience in the automotive industry.
- Team leadership and project management background is a MUST
- Ability to direct Asian engineering program team is a MUST
- Ability to lead full life-cycle development including: algorithm development, architecture, code generation, code review, and test case build.
- Experience using embedded software development toolchains such at Matlab Simulink, StateFlow, TargetLink, PolySpace etc.
- Solid background in modern control theory such as state feedback control or optimal control.
- Working knowledge of C-code or equivalence and other tools such as UML, EA, DOORS, CANalyzer, CANape
- Solid knowledge of development using tools such as: Matlab Simulink, StateFlow, TargetLink, PolySpace
- Knowledge of CAN bus, calibration tools, and data logging equipment, and the ability to analyze data
- Aerospace braking or mechanical systems highly desirable
Skills required for the Algorithm Embedded Software Engineer Mechatronics Job:
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Knowledge of defining problems, data collection, establishment of facts and drawing the conclusions
Compensations of the Algorithm Embedded Software Engineer:
Salary Range: $110,000-$120,000/year, depending on experience
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: YES
Visa Sponsorship: TN Visa ONLY. NO OPT or H1B will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - System, Systems, test, electromechanical, brake, requirements, specifications, Analysis, traceability, integration, Validation, "Test Plan", "configuration management", MiL, HiL, Matlab, dSpace, automation, "control desk scripts", Python, correlation, Analysis, Matlab, Simulink, "Real-Time Workshop", RTW, Vector, Canape, Carsim, Circuit, mechatronics, Controls, Test, A-Spice, "system integrations", "plant model", Canoe, Canalyzer, Matlab, simulink, "data analysis", "code generator", “Automated Driving”, “Stability Control”, “Electronic Braking”, “Driverless Cars”, “Collision avoidance”