|Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control |
Job Summary of the Algorithm Engineer (Brake Control):
An Algorithm Engineer with Brake Control experience is needed to play a key role in designing and implementation of Brake Control algorithms such as ABS/TCS/ESC etc. Along with this you will also work on Calibration and Validation of the Brake Control algorithms. Our this client is a tier one automotive supplier and well known for their services globally. This is a company that provides long-term stability and the opportunity to work on exciting, emerging technologies. They are an important, glowing player in the transition to brake-by-wire systems. If you have hands on experience working on Brake Control Algorithms, then you may also get a senior level position.
Responsibilities of the Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control:
- Understand the architecture of existing algorithms and help in merging of competing algorithms with new architecture.
- Design and implement new functionalities in existing architecture using Simulink
- Use of various test methods such as open loop simulation, co-simulation, rapid prototyping, in-vehicle testing to test the designs
- Calibrate the algorithm for different test vehicles or test platforms to support trunk algorithm development using simulation, rapid prototyping, and in-vehicle methods
- Calibrate the algorithm for production development vehicles using simulation and in-vehicle methods
- Help in calibration of new algorithms on production or internal test vehicles globally
- Perform the model-in-the-loop unit testing for verification and document algorithm design
- Understand and negotiate vehicle performance specifications with customers.
- Participate in customer demo or buyoff rides and explain and discuss algorithms and functionalities to the customers.
Qualifications of the Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control:
- BSME/BSEE or related fields, Masters preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in control algorithm development (modeling and simulation).
- Skilled in embedded programming (auto-code), and automotive production development process.
- MUST HAVE experience with Brakes/suspension controls or vehicle dynamics.
- Experience working on the tools such as -
- Visual Basic or similar programming tools
- Version control tools
- issue tracking tools
- Micro Auto Box or similar simulation and RPT tools
- Measurement and post-processing tools from Vector and dSPACE or similar: CANape, ControlDesk, etc.
Compensation of the Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control:
Salary Range: $80,000-110,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Farmington, MI/TRC, OH
Travel: As and when required (heavy during winter: 6wks between Dec. and Mar. Sometimes globally)
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Brake, ABS, TCS, ESC, algorithm, calibration, validation, test, simulation, prototyping, verification, "Vehicle dynamics", "Control Systems", "Automotive production development process", APDP, matlab, simulink, stateflow, "Version control", "Issue tracking", "Visual Basics", "Programming tool", MKS, CarSim, "Micro Auto Box", simulation, RPT, Measurement, "post-processing tool", Vector, Dspace, Canape, ControlDesk,