This position will collaborate with the sales team to provide front-line technical support and evaluation of new project opportunities. This includes communicating directly with existing and potential new customers to understand and evaluate technical project requirements, and selling the merits of Valtronic engineering and manufacturing services. Coordination of quoting activities, and ability to perform electrical and PCB design work is also expected.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Sales team to evaluate customer requirements and promote Valtronic technical engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Ability to directly interface with customers for project discovery, technical evaluation and qualification of user requirements and project objectives.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations on Valtronic technical engineering and manufacturing services.
- Coordinate proposal generation including statement of work, technical proposal, cost and time estimates and quality system requirements.
- Work with the Sales team to present proposals, respond to customer questions and close deals.
- Create a development plan for projects in accordance with customer requirements and Statement of Work
- Execute electrical and PCB development activities within project cost and timeline requirements.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to new clients and other staff members regarding customer revisions.
- Coordinate product hand off to sustaining engineering as part of design transfer activities.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments
- ·Access software — Citrix software
- ·Administration software — Cisco Systems CiscoWorks
- ·Business intelligence and data analysis software — IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
- ·Calendar and scheduling software — Scheduling software
- ·Computer aided design CAD software— Autodesk AutoCAD
- ·Data base management system software — Apache Cassandra; Apache Pig
- ·Data base reporting software — SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports
Education and Skills
The successful applicant will have BS or MS degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience delivering technical presentations. Project management experience, along with a practical approach to defining customer’s requirements and Engineering proposals is required. The candidate must have at least five (7) years of medical, aerospace, or industrial engineering experience, including customer-facing capacities.
The Application Engineer can expect up to 20 percent travel and occasionally conduct web conferences to global customers after hours. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, and have working knowledge of CAD platforms (SolidWorks, Altium, or comparable).