Our client is an international technology driven industrial automation solutions provider who focuses on robotics and machine vision solutions. This includes solutions for robot guidance, bin-picking, flexible inspection, 3D scanning and robot calibration. Due to growth and expansion in the US they are adding an Application Engineer to support their customers in Michigan. Travel will be local in Michigan.
· Install and configure our products at customers’ sites, including robot, vision system and PLC programming.
· Develop, improve, maintain and test new and existing products and solutions.
· Provide sales and marketing assistance and participate in product demonstrations.
· 2 plus years of industrial automation experience.
· University or College graduate in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Knowledge/experience with Industrial Robots (FANUC, ABB, KUKA, Nachi,Denso, Motoman, etc.), machine vision (2D cameras, HALCON, OpenCV), 3D scanning sensors (Cognex, Keyence, SICK, LMI, etc.) and PLCs (Allen Bradley,
· Experience and skills in Project management.
· Understanding of manufacturing, product development and quality control.