Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
Sterling St. James LLC
Posted on Oct 24
DESIGN / CONSULTING
AREA: KANSAS CITY
Our client, a leading
product design, development and manufacture
r with a strong
and reach has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLC to help them secure a
to supplement their
staff of engineers
Their off shore production facilities are significant but the
design and development of products
is done in Kansas City. They have major strengths in
software development, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and industrial design
Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electronic/electrical hardware design to meet client’s expectations for development of products. This responsibility includes the technical design aspects as well as development and manufacturing documentation, testing and safety aspects of the products being developed in a manner that complies with the Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions.
EE requires minimal direction and is expected to handle more complex and multiple projects. EE demonstrates a leadership role with others and provides technical leadership to the organization. EE mentors, trains and assists other members of their group in technically difficult situations.
1. Complies with Quality System procedures and Work instructions.
• Offers constructive suggestions for improving the Quality System or operating procedures.
2. Design electronic hardware, development documentation, and review/approve of manufacturing documentation. This includes component specification and approval.
3. Interact with customers – both in-house and at customer location
4. Develop and document design plans and Engineering specifications for the Electrical portion of a product design.
5. Develop product and system level test plans for the verification/validation process as well as manufacturing tests procedures and equipment.
6. Identify factors/definition needed to fulfill project duties (that are outside the area of EE control) and effectively communicate those needs to the appropriate person and project manager (i.e. PCB outer dimensions and mounting hole locations may have restrictions from mechanical or industrial design perspective).
7. Support new concept work and project cost estimates for new business opportunities, as assigned.
8. Evaluates and suggests feasibility on proposed projects, as assigned.
9. Demonstrate schedule / task “ownership” for items under their responsibility.
10. Makes good use of time & set goals.
11. Acts as a mentor to less experienced Engineers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
or equivalent work-related experience.
Advanced working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories and/or practices of Hardware Engineering, (i.e. design, repair and analysis of software systems)
Advanced problem-solving project management, data analysis and critical thinking skills.
Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, manage and measure work.
Advanced analytical skills
A self-starter able to multitask successfully.
Advanced leadership skills
Strong communications skills will be required both internally and with offshore engineers (in which English is not their first language) and directly with Pivot customers.
Must be effective in a team environment.
Current on design methodology and technical skills.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Advanced understanding of hardware design.
Advanced ability to debug hardware and use hardware debugging tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.).
Must be effective in a team environment.
If you feel you are qualified and have an interest in pursuing this position send your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a rapidly growing company with a strong 40-year history of doing what they do. Because of what they do and how they address the market you will be able to gain an incredible amount of industry experience in a variety of products and specialties without changing firms. Experience is what counts in today’s employment market. This is a great career opportunity!
Terms of Usage
ElectronicsEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)