Electrical Engineering Manager
for one of our premier clients innovating the world of electronic metering devices!
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; MSEE, MEM, or MBA desired.
- 15 years of relevant engineering experience, with at least 7 years in progressively responsible engineering management roles.
- Project Management; Experience with Lean Tools and Lean Product Development Methods also desired.
- The individual in this role will recruit, develop, and oversee a group of Electrical Engineers to work with cross-functional design teams developing electronic systems to meet product requirements.
- Activities include managing electrical hardware design and testing, as well as coordination with Management, Marketing, and Manufacturing on product definition, schedule, cost, budget, and resource requirements.
- The ideal candidate will be an innovative self-starter and strong leader, with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven record of developing high performing Electrical Engineering teams.
- Recruit, mentor, and manage a strong group of Electrical Engineering talent while also performing occasional design and analysis tasks.
- Work closely with Program Managers and Engineering Management to develop project level resource plans in support of product development programs.
- Collaborate with other managers, engineers, key suppliers, and design partners to drive innovation.
- Translate product requirements into design specifications.
- Manage electrical hardware aspects of projects from initial concepts to production released systems.
- Work closely with development teams on product design, integration, and testing.
- Coordinate design reviews and review of design verification tests.
- Perform evaluation and approval of design concepts, drawings, test results, and final specifications of product designs and subsequent enhancements or changes.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all released design documentation, including schematics, drawings, specifications, PCB files, etc.
- Conduct performance reviews and propose appropriate compensation adjustments.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and developing engineering teams from the ground up
- Experience managing a team of 10+ across multiple disciplines and locations
- Familiarity with development, testing, and certification of RF/wireless devices (IoT, Cellular, SDR)
- Experience in a high-volume electronics manufacturing industry
- Someone already in the Atlanta Metro area with established professional connections
- Ties to Georgia Tech to help with recruiting upcoming talent
- Demonstrated stability and career track of successively increasing responsibility
- Experience with Lean Product Development methods
- Familiarity with Lean tools and Association of Manufacturing Excellence (AME.org)