Electronic Systems Design Engineer - Mechatronics
Summary of the Electronic System Design Engineer - Mechatronics Job :
An Electronic System Design Engineer is required to play a key role in the development of the bleeding edge automotive electromechanical control systems and its architecture. If you have a keen interest in bleeding edge technology such as: Automated Driving, Stability Control, Electronic Braking, Driverless Cars, Collision avoidance this is were you should be. This process includes the stages such as requirement analysis, establishing system design specification, system design and test verification. Our this client is one of the largest global product manufacturers of this type of technology. If you excel in Linear and Non-Linear Digital Control System experience and have strong leadership potential, then this position is well suited to you. Experience in Aerospace, Stability Control, Collision Avoidance and Integrated Mechanical and Embedded Control Systems is Highly Desirable.
Responsibilities of the Electronic System Design Engineer - Mechatronics Job
- Development of the electromechanical control system and architecture
- Perform requirement analysis and establish system design specification and test verification
- Collaborate with design engineers to derive the necessary requirements regarding subsystems and components
- Apply theoretical, numerical and testing methodology to ensure the design meets requirements via testing and traceability
- Establishment of baseline system requirements for advanced electric brake applications
- Managing and establishing the core products used for system requirements validation
- Work with cross functional team to establish system and component level requirement specifications to optimize the system architecture and performance.
- Help systems engineer team to insure requirement traceability throughout the development lifecycle
- Work with systems engineer team with establishment of use and test cases with traceability to system requirement specifications.
- Participate in team review to ensure the work is in compliance with A-SPICE and ISO26262.
- Document required evidence report for demonstrating the compliances.
- Ensure complete requirements coverage by optimizing the system architecture and design.
- Establish theoretical system model from first principles using conventional or analytical system dynamics
- Apply modern control theory for developing closed loop model for state feedback control and estimation.
- Use of MiL and RCP bench techniques for validating the closed loop system robustness and parameter sensitivity.
- Verify system performance against the system requirements in case of any subsystem/component level change.
- Perform development verification tests or the Pre-software integration test to verify the system meets the design specification.
- Development of the system countermeasures as per the requirement.
- Request and support specialized equipment development for characterization of electrical and mechanical sub-components of the electro-mechanical assembly under development.
- Work with system test engineer to execute System Test and System Integration Test plans when needed.
Qualifications of the Electronic System Design Engineer - Mechatronics Job :
- BSME with emphasis on Controls along with 3+ years of experience in electromechanical system engineering
- Masters in ME/EE/CS with emphasis on Controls along with 2+ years of related industrial experience preferred.
- Strongly skilled in Project leadership.
- Strong knowledge of coupled electromechanical system dynamics is a MUST HAVE
- Experienced in using system optimization techniques for optimal system design solution.
- Linear and Non-Linear System Theory and Controls experience, including state feedback control or optimal control.
- Experience in modeling closed loop system dynamics using Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with Parameter Identification Techniques and dSPACE Control Desk is preferred
- Experience in developing Matlab GUI for System Development Tool integration is preferred.
- Knowledge of CarSim for closed loop MiL validation in Simulink
- Experience with Rapid Control Prototyping using dSPACE Toolchain and Mathworks Real-Time Workshop
- Motor Controls PMSW or BLDC is a STRONG PLUS
Skills required for the Electronic System Design Engineer - Mechatronics Job :
- Knowledge of applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
- Full Systems level thinker is a MUST HAVE
- Strong Controls and MECHANICAL (mechatronics) is a MUST HAVE
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Knowledge of defining problems, data collection, establishment of facts and drawing the conclusions.
- Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- State estimation and common filter ability
Compensations of the Electronic System Design Engineer - Mechatronics Job :
Salary Range: $85,000-$117,000/year, depending on experience
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: YES
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Algorithm, System, Design, electromechanical, brake, architecture, verifiation, test, validation, subsystems, "sub systems", component, "theoretical system model", MiL, RCP, "development verification test", "development verification", controls, leader, modeling, Linear, Non-Linear, "Non-Linear", Matlab, simulink, "Rapid Control Prototyping", dSPACE, toolchain, Mathworks, "system dynamics", "state feed back", "digital control", motor controls, "code generator", “Automated Driving”, “Stability Control”, “Electronic Braking”, “Driverless Cars”, “Collision avoidance”