StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner of EMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
Our client is aggressively recruiting an Engineering Manger. Contract Manufacturer and/or OEM experience STRONGLY preferred.
This position requires U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. Residents. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Are you the strong Engineering Manager that we’re looking for?
Do you have experience in the electronics manufacturing industry?
Can you lead our talented and motivated Manufacturing and Test Engineering teams?
The Engineering Manager will be a key role in ensuring our Tampa facility develops, and continuously improves world class manufacturing capabilities, technologies, processes, and efficiencies. The role’s goal is to perpetually outperform ever improving global competition and deliver maximum customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and profitability. Create lasting relationships and have had global success
The Engineering Manager reports to the General Manager of the plant as an integral part of the plant’s senior leadership team and serves as the leader of the Engineering organization.
This position focuses on developing, implementing, and maximizing the utilization of people, processes, systems, software, and technology for continuous, measureable improvements in every area of the engineering organization. The Engineering Manager is directly responsible for the process engineering, test engineering and customer facing product engineering teams this includes administrative engineering support and equipment maintenance areas.
Basic Background Requirements
This position will require:
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in an electronics manufacturing services organization
- Extensive knowledge and experience with electronics manufacturing, from PCBA to full system assembly in high cost of failure and safety critical products
- Excellent knowledge of lean manufacturing and six sigma with extensive experience implementing it throughout both manufacturing and engineering environments
- Excellent knowledge of ERP, production scheduling, cycle times, takt times, touch times, yields, kanbans, and how each of these impact process timing, schedule, and flexibility
- Mastery of Microsoft products including MS Project and project planning
- 4 year engineering degree and/or extensive experience and demonstrated mastery of skills necessary
- Ability to drive root cause issues and corrective actions being implemented to resolve or provide continuous improvements
- Ability to successfully coach, mentor and teach teams
Due to our role in Mfg. U.S. Defense products covered by the Arms Export Control Act, we are only able to hire as employees persons who are either U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. Residents.