Functional Safety Engineer (Automotive)
Job Summary of the Functional Safety Engineer (Automotive)
A client of ours in Michigan,a cutting edge developer of automotive technology, is growing due to years of successful business and looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to work on their cutting edge technology. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field. In this roll you will be conducting complex system safety analyses and will provide the feedback to the engineering design teams for mechanical, systems, electrical hardware, and embedded software on safety findings and recommended design changes to improve automotive safety systems.
Responsibilities of theFunctional Safety Engineer (Automotive)
- Work on Preliminary Hazard Analysis.
- FTA to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025.
- FMEA/FMECA to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629.
- Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis.
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis.
- Maintenance Safety Analysis.
- Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level.
- Identify and propose product process or infrastructure improvements.
- Participate in design reviews and issue resolution when required.
- Work on cross functions error resolution, including customer issues.
- Collaborate with team for refining tests to address issues such as Hardware, Software, Supplier, OEM components etc.
Qualifications of the Functional Safety Engineer (Automotive)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science, Masters preferred.
- Atleast 2 years of experience with Embedded Electronic and Controls systems such as Brake, Airbag, Steering.
- Experience in applying ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 safety standard.
- Strong knowledge of embedded software and hardware engineering domains along with exposure to AUTOSAR (preferred).
- Knowledge of vehicle communication systems such as CAN, Flex Ray, Ethernet, and LVDS.
- Knowledge of vehicle subsystems such as ESC, ADAS, hybrid, and powertrain.
- Knowledge of Active Safety features, safety-critical systems, sensors, failsafe, and cyber security methods.
- Software development experience with Embedded, C Programming, ECU environments and Radar and Vision experience will be beneficial.
- Experience with Model-based system development, vehicle calibration, control systems design, HIL, SIL, and Micro Autobox.
- Experience with Model-based design tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Code Composer etc.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers architecture (Hardware and Software) applied to Automotive systems.
- Technical experiences applied to functional safety such as avionics and military,Mil-Std-882 will be preferred.
- Experience with Vehicle and Lab testing.
- knowledge of automotive electronics products, data collection, analysis methods and tools for vehicle and lab development.
- Experience working with CAN networking and CAN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, Flexray will be a plus.
- Knowledge of test case structures for automotive controls for feature performance and failure testing.
Compensation of the Functional Safety Engineer (Automotive)
Salary Range: $95,000-125,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Travel: Upto 10 %
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- "Functional Safety", "Safety Engineer", Safety, ISO, 26262, "Hazard Analysis', FTA, NUREG-0492, "IEC 61025", FMEA, FMECA, SAE, J1739, VDA 4, Mil-std-1629, "requirements analysis", "Dependent Failure", "Common cause", "Safety Analysis", "Embedded Electronic Controls systems', "IEC 61508", CAN, "Flex Ray", Ethernet, LVDS, "vehicle subsystems", ESC, ADAS, "Active Safety", failsafe, Embedded, "Software development", Programming, ECU, "Engine Control Unit", "Radar and Vision", "vehicle calibration", "system development", "control systems design", HIL, SIL, "Hardware in the loop", "software in the loop", "Micro Autobox", Matlab, simulink, "Code Composer", "microcontrollers", avionics, "Vehicle testing", "Lab testing", "Data collection", "analysis methods", "analysis tools", CAN, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, Flexray, "failure testing"