A Functional Safety Engineer with a solid background in brake systems development and analysis is required to manage the safety activities of the braking system programs for one of our clients in Southeast MI. This is a solid, stable company that offers an opportunity to work on exciting new and advanced technologies. If you have good knowledge of functional and technical safety concepts and if you are skilled in performing various types of analyses, then this position is well suited to you.Responsibilities of the Functional Safety Engineer - Brakes:
Qualifications of the Functional Safety Engineer - Brakes:
- Work with braking systems team and understand the intended system functions.
- Ensure the braking system meets the safety needs of the programs.
- Perform various types of analyses such as -
- HARA (Hazard Risk)
- Fault Tree
- Other ISO 26262 analyses
- Develop Safety Goals,System Level Hazards and Functional and technical safety concepts.
- Work on ASIL decomposition, FIT rates and other functional safety standards, tools, and industry trends
Compensation of the Functional Safety Engineer - Brakes:
- BS in SE/CS/CE/ EE. Masters preferred.
- Excellent background in full life-cycle brake systems development and analysis
- Practical knowledge of ISO26262 and other functional safety standards, tools, and industry trends.
- Solid background introducing new concepts to development teams.
Salary Range: $90,000-115,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Farmington, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
Functional, Safety, ISO, 26262, "systems engineering", DFA, "Dependent Failure Analysis"