Job Title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contributing member of a new product development team, responsible for the design, analysis, test and integration of hardware for programmable controller interface modules.
• At least 2 years of experience in the area of microprocessor or microcontroller-based embedded system design, digital circuit design, analog circuit design, Ethernet hardware design, offline switching power supply design and test, and/or electromagnetic compatibility design & test.
• Familiarity with the hardware development process, including circuit simulation & design, component de-rating, hardware debug & checkout
• Experience with typical design and test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and digital signal analyzers.
• Excellent communication skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
• Experience with typical embedded control peripherals (ram, flash, FPGA, SPI, i2c, UART, PWM, A/D, Ethernet/MII, CAN, etc.).
• Mentor graphics/expedition schematic entry experience.
• Familiarity with packaging designs for electrical & electronic devices, including design for mechanical robustness, EMC, and thermal considerations.
• Experience with writing system and module requirements specifications.
• Experience with writing and executing hardware and system test specifications.
• Experience with high density, high speed multi-layer printed circuit board design.
• Experience with design for six sigma tools.
• Familiarity or proficiency with sap for product data management and/or enterprise resource planning.
• Familiarity with client products (including Logix controllers and software tools) and/or other industrial control equipment.
• B.E. ELECTRONICS