Must have experience servicing medical imaging (general R&F, low-end radiology systems, c-arms, portables, etc.)
- Basic troubleshooting, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
- Completing Preventative Maintenance.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements. .
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
- Working as a member of the team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts in assigned area.
- May include training of clinical staff on designated equipment.
- Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Biomedical Engineering Technology, equivalent, military education or Associates Degree with 2 years experience servicing electronic equipment.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.