LEAD ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - CONTROL BOARD-EMOBILITY -
Location: Southfield Michigan or Tualatin Oregon or Menomonee Falls-WI
Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Engineering - Engineering Design
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer-Control Board to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position can be located in Tualatin-OR, Menomonee Falls-WI or Southfield-MI.
we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will conceptualize, manage the design, development, testing, technical documentation, and production launch of new products for electric motor drives and associated embedded controls.
Making what matters work at takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will partner with customers, vendors, other groups within to manage development initiatives for electrification of commercial and hybrid vehicles.
You will develop firmware and hardware architectures which are flexible and extensible across a broad scope of products and applications.
You will manage and participate in system-level requirements analysis and cost estimation, design reviews and other team development processes.
You will generate product requirements specifications in coordination with the customer(s), for the design and development new and innovative products.
You will investigate and evaluate new materials, components, technologies, applications and their appropriate use within our product lines and conduct testing of all new products in accordance with CPD standards and customer requirements.
You will provide supervision and support to internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. PCB layout, software development, other engineers, test laboratories).
You will review and conduct analyses (FMEA, simulations, modeling, etc.) on new products to ensure their integrity and use the results to optimize designs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronic/Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in product development focusing on microcontroller/controller board design. A combination of professional and graduate research programs/work studies will be considered toward this.
· Experience with CAD tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation for example (SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Altium, Matlab/Simulink) PCB layout and design
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
· Automotive background with a Tier 1 supplier.
· Experience with electric motor drive and control systems, DC, AC, PM, SR, FW motors
· Experience with electronic hardware and firmware design—power electronics for electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems, switch-mode power supplies, battery charging and management systems, design strategies for EMC, etc.
· Experience within commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
· Some experience with automotive serial data protocols (CAN, J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN) and tools (CANape, CANalyzer, CANopen, etc.)
· Must be team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication.
· Experience with model based design methods a plus
· Supervising other engineering tasks (assembly drawings, PCB layout, software development, validation testing)
· PCB layout design experience
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally