Lead Engineer (Hardware)
Summary of the Lead Engineer (Hardware)
A client of ours in Michigan is a market leader in developing next generation vehicle technologies for powertrain, hybrid, stability controls, and other related systems. They’re currently looking for a Lead Engineer (Hardware) for managing a team of engineers for the development of automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware. In this role you will be planning and managing activities for multiple projects and will make sure that all the goals and objectives are met withing the given time frame. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising of all or several phases of design and testing for assigned engineering programs.
This is an opportunity to be a key player at a company with a great reputation in automotive technology and growing business. They offer a great long-term opportunity in a true team environment. If you have strong automotive ECU development experience along with leadership skills, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer (Hardware)
- Support engineers in the development of automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware
- Monitoring and checking various phases of design and testing such as analog and digital circuit design, EMC design etc.
- Provide support for PCB layout and EMC test plan development
- Help team members in roubleshooting EMC anomalies, product specification negotiation, hardware-in-the-loop testing and leading the development through to production
- Managing and mentoring engineers for sub project activities.
- Collaborate with customer engineers,and team members to negotiate product requirements.
- Program ensure goals are met, schedules are maintained and issues are troubleshooted
- Work with cross functional teams for resolving issues related to the design of the electronic hardware
Qualifications of the Lead Engineer (Hardware)
- BS in EE/CE, Masters preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in automotive ECU development.
- Strong skills in both analog and digital circuit design.
- Skilled in managing and mentoring the teams.
- Experience in creating DFMEA’s, Validation Plans, EMC test plans, etc.
- Experience in creating WCA (Mathcad) and working with PSPICE.
- Experience in embedded Hardware design for automotive applications.
- Design experience with Freescale micro controllers is preferred.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating several projects concurrently.
Compensation of the Lead Engineer (Hardware)
Salary Range: $95,000-115,000/year
Location: Detroit Area
Type: Direct Hire
Travel: Up to 20%
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - BS, Bachelor, Bachelors, Design, "Hardware Design", " electronic control unit hardware", analog, digital, circuit, PCB, EMC, troubleshooting, Validation , testing, "hardware-in-the-loop", HIL, ECU, "Engine Control Unit", DFMEA, WCA, PSPICE, "Freescale micro controllers"