Our client, a tier one automotive supplier is currently in search of a Lead Functional Safety Engineer for a great opportunity in the Farmington, MI area. In this role you will have a mix of leadership and hands-on responsibilities, doing both safety analysis and planning/management activities. You will be responsible for safety analyses and providing feedback about systems, hardware, and software on system safety findings and recommended design changes. You will ensure improvement in next generation automotive electronic brake by wire systems. This is a solid, stable company that offers an opportunity to work on exciting new and advanced technologies.Responsibilities of the Functional Safety Engineer
Qualifications of the Functional Safety Engineer
- Planning of system safety activities according to the project time schedules.
- Direct junior-level staff and be the team point-of-contact with design and validation engineers.
- Collaborate in safety analyses of system, subsystem, hardware architectures including HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA etc.
- Record and specify safety concepts and requirements for system architecture including Hardware and Software aspects.
- Explain system safety aspects and requirements to the engineering design teams for achieving specified safety integrity levels.
- Review system test plans and specifications to ensure compliance with safety plan for to the verification of derived safety concepts.
- Connect with customers for the technical safety aspects about the system and support in quoting proposals.
- Support system and product definition according to the V-cycle, development methods and safety standards.
Compensation of the Functional Safety Engineer
- BS in EE/ME/CE/Physics or Mathematics.
- 6+ years of development engineering experience in embedded control systems.
- At least 4 years of experience in functional safety in a technical environment preferably in automotive. ISO 26262 experience is preferred.
- Experience in a senior-level position, or as a team lead.
- Skilled in Preliminary Hazard Analysis.
- Strong Knowledge of FTA preferably to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025.
- Strong Knowledge of DFMEA preferably to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629.
- Knowledge of Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level.
- Skilled in Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis/Freedom From Interference Analysis.
- Previous experience or knowledge of Failure metrics analysis and/or Safe Failure Fraction in accordance with IEC-61508.
- Knowledge of FTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis tools such asITEM Toolkit and IQ FMEA.
- Technical know-how of Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia.
- Experience with Medini Analyze software
- Experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems (i.e.. Brake, Airbag, and Steering) will be preferred.
- Experience in applying safety standards such as ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 will be a plus.
- Technical knowledge and good understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
- Ideal candidate will have a background with system development for electronic brake systems or automotive
- Language proficiency in Japanese is a plus.
Salary Range: $100,000-135,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be consideredKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
BS, bachelor, "B.S.", Bachelors, electronic, controls, embedded, FMEA, "Failure mode and effects analysis", safety, "ISO 26262", Automotive, "Fault tree analysis", FTA, IEC 62380, Mil-std-1629, "IEC 61025", "Brake System", "Boosted Braking", "
System Engineer", "Systems Engineer," "Systems Architect", "System Architect", "Active Safety", ADAS, "vehicle controls", integration, architect, "domain architect", "control module",