Mechanical Engineer (Electronics Packaging)
Farmington Hills, MI
Summary of the Mechanical Engineer (Electronics Packaging) position
Our client, a developer and supplier of advanced vehicle safety systems, is growing at a fast rate. Because of this, they’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll be developing housing/packaging for their electronic control hardware. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving. If you have previous experience in electronics packaging, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer (Electronics Packaging):
- Mechanical integration of occupant detection system
- Provide technical direction to assigned CAD design personnel to insure successful development of component, product and system design
- Develop test methods, engineering reports, fixture/prototype designs and test execution support for product development
- Develop designs and details from general instructions and/or sketches provided. Verifies completed work, checking dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
- Create full GD&T dimension scheme for components and assemblies
Qualifications of the Mechanical Engineer (Electronics Packaging):
- BSME with 3+ years of experience in automotive electronics mechanical packaging and interconnection technology.
- Experience in thermal analysis and dealing with thermal issues.
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience a real advantage, especially casting, molding and assembly.
- Background with automotive processes such as FMEA, DV/PV, and others is a must.
- Experience with CAD tools, preferably CATIA and Pro Engineering.
- Experience with FEA process and tools desired.
- Training in TS16949, APQP, APDS and FMEA structure and practice, as required.
Compensation of the Mechanical Engineer (Electronics Packaging):
Salary Range: $75,000-95,000/year, based on experience
Location: Detroit Area MI
Travel: As required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful: Mechanical, packaging, "Electronics Packaging", housing, integration, "test methods", fixture, prototype, "product development", dimension, GD&T, "Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing", "mechanical packaging", interconnection, "thermal analysis", casting, molding, assembly, FMEA, DV, PV, CAD, CATIA, "Pro Engineering", FEA, TS16949, APQP, APDS