|Powertrain Controls Engineering Manager |
Job Summary of the Powertrain Controls Engineering Manager:
Powertrain Controls Engineering Manager with automotive Industry experience is required to play a key role in executing and managing the engineering activities Power Train - Torque Control Product (TCP) Engineering Team to design products for one of our clients in Michigan area. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and directing project activities through application of proficient technical knowledge and leadership capabilities. If you have team management experience in an automotive industry, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Powertrain Controls Engineering Manager:
- Manage direct reports and direct team members in areas of cost-optimized design, process selection and to meet the requirements.
- Set and assign timing and quality targets
- Provide training to the team on design and development processes, software, procedures, specifications, etc
- Review the report and analyze the engineering metrics and test results date
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Make presentations to internal and external customers on programs or products as required
- Manage the customer support and assures VOC and customer intelligence gathered by the resident engineers located at the customer sites.
Qualifications of the Powertrain Controls Engineering Manager:
- Bachelors degree in Science or Engineering
- 3+ year of team leading experience in an automotive industry
- Program and projects management experience
- 4+ years of experience with product development
- PMP certification and experience with Large-scale cross-functional project team management experience
- Black belt certification and experience with Design for Six Sigma or Red X.
- Experience with vehicle dynamics, vehicle controls development, and calibration experience.
- Experience with materials – irons, steels, etc.
- Axel or driveline experience.
- Hydraulics experience.
Compensation of the Powertrain Controls Engineering Manager:
Salary Range: $130,000.00 - $172,000.00/Year , depending on experience
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: NO SPONSORSHIP
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful: Powertrain, Controls, Torque , TCP, quality, design, development, software, procedures, specifications, metrics, test, VOC, automotive, "product development", Program, project, PMP, "Black belt", "Six Sigma", "Red X", "vehicle dynamics", "vehicle controls development", calibration, irons, steels, Axel, driveline, Hydraulics