Sr Electrical Project Engineer, Leading Manufacturing Company – Indianapolis
Your role with the Company:
This position is a highly visible corporate level position for a Sr Electrical Project Engineer for a very dynamic, profitable, Multi-Billion dollar WCM Manufacturing company. This engineer will manage multi-million dollar projects. Every project is different so you will not get bored. The boss is well-liked and respected. He has high expectations but gives his people a lot of latitude and does not micromanage. This engineer will apply sound engineering principles to provide appropriate technical solutions in all areas related to Electrical Engineering integrated with other engineering disciplines.
- Engineer, design, and manage electrical projects for additions to and modification of facilities and equipment.
- Develop scopes of work for projects and monitor and control the project cost and schedule, while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory agency policies and standards.
- Specify and procure equipment, materials and labor and work with purchasing group to ensure proper vendor selection requirements are met.
- Manage a project team consisting of other project engineers, plant personnel, consultants and contractors. Ensure that project performance objectives are achieved and that projects are completed on time and within budgets. Provide timely reviews to management.
- Prepare and review installation and as-built drawings to ensure company standards are met and check equipment prior to installation.
- Provide on-site project supervision during the construction and installation phases of projects. Assist plants, contractors and vendors with startup and training for systems and equipment. Supply and properly file completed as-built drawings, programs, documentation and software related to projects.
- Develop and implement innovations and standards to improve safety, productivity and efficiency.
- Provide ongoing plant technical support and assist plants to improve maintenance and reliability in electrical areas.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to achieve common goals.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent required.
- At least 6-7 years electrical and project engineering experience in a heavy industrial/manufacturing environment. Will consider a combination of education and advanced experience.
- Thorough knowledge of PLCs, (Allen-Bradley preferred), as well as knowledge of National Electric Code, and power systems (minimum 480V with exposure to 4160 Volts a plus).
- Must have good computer skills and functional ability with AutoCAD.
- Must have strong planning and organization skills, be detail oriented and have the ability to identify problems and make recommendations..
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%.
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the world’s leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
- Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
- It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
- The plants are nice, clean and well-maintained.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
- Strong career succession planning program.
- Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
- Recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
- Strong management team.
- Company that values its employees.
- Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
- Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors’ fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
- Historically strong bonus potential.
- This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
This community has affordable housing, excellent public and private schools as well as a University offering a wealth of academic opportunities. For the outdoor minded, there are award-winning golf courses as well as other outdoor activities ranging from canoeing to softball. There is also a wide variety of entertainment, dining, museums and cultural opportunities as well as shopping malls and small unique shops. If you prefer large city life, you are within a short drive of Indianapolis, home of the Indianapolis Colts and the Indy 500 Speedway!