|Role and Responsibilities |
- Lead development of operational strategies and goals to support overall company business strategy and initiatives.
- Participate in formulating and administering company strategy and initiatives and developing long-range goals and objectives in support of the same
- Lead Operations functions for the organization, including Production, Materials, and Facilities
- Achieve operational objectives through direct subordinates and team while maintaining a hands-on role in day-to-day monitoring of activities and providing guidance as necessary
- Develop and implement programs for standardization of processes, cost reduction, and continuous improvement in collaboration with other organizational leaders.
- Review activities, costs, and outcomes to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives. Assure the regular collection and analysis of costs at appropriate organizational levels.
- Participate in company-level budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Develop customer relationships and interact with customer clients in areas of responsibility.
- Work closely and proactively with leaders of other functional teams to ensure resource allocations are in line with current operational priorities and organization goals
- Recommend and implement capital projects aligned with business goals and strategic plan
- Develop team, mentor and coach all direct staff. Help develop organizational capacity and build future leaders for the organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or business-related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible experience in industrial services or manufacturing operations; experience in reverse logistics or electronics repair depot strongly preferred
- 10+ years in management roles, including leadership of other management team members
- Proven track record of defining and meeting and/or exceeding mission critical KPI performance
- Experience developing, leading and tracking measurable cost reduction and cost avoidance projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker and hands-on problem solver that possesses integrity and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and build a culture of accountability for results
- Demonstrated success in driving lean manufacturing, continuous process improvement, and/or six sigma initiatives
- Proven ability to develop, lead and culturally drive an environment of high productivity and cost effectiveness
- High level of business acumen , including financial, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence others through excellent and effective presentation, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to consolidate operational details and effectively communicate to high level stakeholders, including the Board of Directors